Have a big idea that can make travel better? Can you code it over a weekend hackathon? Want to win your share of more than EUR7,000 in prizes? Join us!
THack @ Dublin is the latest stop on Tnooz's global travel hackathon series.
THack brings together developers, UX designers, entrepreneuers and creators who want to make the journey better for travelers.
NDRC, a launchpad for many digital startups in Ireland, is Tnooz's venue partner. And leading travel technology providers and distributors (Skyscanner, TUI's Hotelbeds and others) will provide their APIs to developer teams of up to five members.
We have space for up to 100 developers, participation is free and you are welcome to hack by yourself, bring your own team or join a team at the start of THack.
- Participation in THack @ Dublin is free to individuals and teams of developers
- Professional developers and student developers are welcome
- Participants must by 18 years or older (all must bring their Eventbrite ticket and photo ID for admission)
- Companies, organizations, meetup groups, technology clubs and individuals / teams are welcome
- Team size is capped at 5 members
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories: smal team (1 or 2 members), large team (3 to 5 members) and people's choice (crowd-sourced vote by developed of best overall project)
- Developers will address one or more of four Tnooz "challenges" to improve travel:
- Travel inspiration
- In-destination activities
- Accomodations planning
- Route and transport planning
- Submissions must be new digital products, tools, sevices and may be in the form of mobile apps, digital services on wearable devices, web applications, data models or visualizations or other software that shows hacker ingenuity, originality, creativity, design and usability and technical prowess.
- Presenters must show a video, images or a live demo of their coded project (developed over the weekend of May 9-10) to a panel of three independent judges who are technology and travel experts. Judges may ask to see source code or working prototypes if video or images are used as presentation materials.
- All projects must be uploaded to the THack @ Dublin ChallengePost gallery by 2 pm on Sunday, May 10, PRIOR to presentation to judges.
How to enter
Entering THack @ Dublin is free and easy:
- Form a team (or decide to hack as an individual)
- All team members register for FREE at: https://thack-dublin-2015.eventbrite.com
- Registration is mandatory, and bring your ticket
- Join us at NRDC May 9 at 9 am and be prepared to hack around the clock until May 10 at noon
- Presentations begin at 2 pm on Sunday, May 10
Originality and innovation
Is the submission a completely new invention? Or is it the most original idea among all of the submissions presented at the event?
Meets a challenge
Does the submission address one or more the four challenges posed to participants?
Does the submission work as a digital product or service? Is the coding, design and usability superior to competing submissions?
Presentation and clarity
Has the individual or team presented the idea in a clear, concise and understandable manner? Is the presentation focused on the challenge, and does the submission sufficiently illustrate a solution?